pikir-pikir
Thursday, December 23, 2004
  reflections on a normal day
i got negligible amounts of work done today, so i've got to bust ass tomorrow and get cracking on this modernism stuff. and i still have to buy presents for my mom and for my brother, too.

but, it was a good day. i wore a tshirt. i wore flip-flops. i even wore shorts for the entire morning. i really begin to appreciate the aesthetic drive to my happiness when an essentially wasted day is made good by flip-flops and 70 degree weather.

also, i worked out today - and that made me feel good. i really want to keep a good work out routine while i'm home for the holidays. it'll make frisbee workouts a lot easier to bear in january and february.

when i'm at school, mike is my workout partner. working out with mike is great because he's a little stronger than me, so it's always easy to gauge how much i should be lifting by going right after him - and also because he's one of my best friends, so the work out becomes a lot less of a chore and something to, instead, look forward to. this is especially true because mike and i are both usually pretty busy, so working out is a way of structuring time to hang out.

when i'm home i work out with peter, my mom's trainer. for a lot of the same reasons, he's also a great guy to work out with. he's a lot stronger than me, but he pushes himself really hard, and gets me to really work a lot harder that i would otherwise. and he's also really awesome guy - he's at a level of maturity that seems to approximate where i'll be about five years from now.

so that's my take on work out partners: this is the awkward insight into my life for the month of december.

fm
 
Comments:
yay for fm and its cover models. ;) anyhow, good luck with work and enjoy the lovely, lovely weather... ~jannie
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
searching, thinking

Old Entries
December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / May 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / September 2006 /


My Places
Places I like to go
Currently Reading
Also on my Mind