pikir-pikir
Monday, August 01, 2005
  Indonesia as an idea of indirect opportunity
jotted down in my notebook yesterday:

"Not constructed in my anticipating imagination as a utopic neverland where a directionless graduate escapes from the troubles of real life into a mgaical worry-free kingdom where dreams come true. I think of it more as an alternate world in which I can hone my ability to confront the myriad obstacles of the direction finding process. To deal with my problems tangentially: by giving myself a completely new slate of interim problems and learning from the process of dealing with them."

still working it through, but i wanted to publish this to expose my highfalutin bullshit for scrutiny
 
Comments:
hmmm. there used to be a poster in one of my h.s. classrooms that said "eschew obfuscation". i couldn't help but point out that if you chose simpler, meatier, fleshier, *shorter* words, your thought -- which was interesting -- would be so much more poignant! =) how many times did you backspace???
 
to respond to your comment, i agree that it would be more poignant with less obfuscation... but the thing is that it all kind of just came out like that. i didn't use the backspace button at all... and because of that, i worried that revision with the aim of focusing effect might lead to improper alteration of the thought.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
searching, thinking

Old Entries
December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / May 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / September 2006 /


My Places
Places I like to go
Currently Reading
Also on my Mind