pikir-pikir
Wednesday, December 22, 2004
  modernism and the beauty of the dialectic process
Putting Modernism Together

so i realized during my excrutiatingly long flights today that i love essence of the modernist movement. the entire thing was such an extreme dialectic process - fueled by so much rejection and soul searching. it produced so many beautiful - if bizarre - contributions to the aesthetic... and then it ate itself up too, as it inevitably had to do.

i don't know, i guess i'm enchanted by the amazing vitality displayed by the movement. cubism, impressionism, expressionism - everything cool came through the same modernist, rejectionist, insatiable ethic. its awesome. it makes me wish i was there.
 
Comments:
dork
 
Who do you think you are... Walter Benjamin? HEHEHEH

PS- if you are a dork, so am I. I LOVE AND HATE MODERNISM!!!!

-your Berkeley friend
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
searching, thinking

Old Entries
December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / May 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / September 2006 /


My Places
Places I like to go
Currently Reading
Also on my Mind