pikir-pikir
Saturday, December 25, 2004
  Hungarian Pop Radio
yesterday i was reading an essay by Pound for my modernism paper in which he was urging the aspiring imagist to actively search for music of unfamiliar structure, preferably in a foriegn language. the idea was that, this way, the words of the music would be less likely to distract from focus on the essence of the music's movement.

today i got bored with the music in my library and started listening to Sunshine Radio, popular music from Nyiregyhaza, Hungary. It's really awesome. I wasn't trying to explore the movement of the music or anything, I actually just made the connection to the Pound passage just now, but it's really fun. granted, it's also kind of dorky and aggressively eclectic, but i really recommend it. ok, nevermind, enrique iglesias just came on - i'm changing the channel
 
Comments:
This is your "coffee run" friend. I don't have a blog account, and I don't have any desire to make one.

Anyway, I've never heard Hungarian popular music before, but I do like Romanian popular music. Not many people know that. I haven't been keeping up with it for the past three or four years though. (Good thing this is anonymous HAHA.) My point is, you are not the only one who likes obscure Eastern European music. HAHAH If you want some mp3s of Romanian dance, hip hop, pop... basically, Romanian crap music, I'll send you some.

xo,
A future professional poker player
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
searching, thinking

Old Entries
December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / May 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / September 2006 /


My Places
Places I like to go
Currently Reading
Also on my Mind