pikir-pikir
Thursday, December 23, 2004
  CNN.com - New museum to display enigmatic painter's work - Dec 23, 2004
CNN.com - New museum to display enigmatic painter's work - Dec 23, 2004

i think that, probably after graduation (because i'm good enough at distracting myself as it is), i'd like to take up painting.

i know that i'm going to be bad at it -, probably real bad - but ignoring that problem for a second, i want to ponder another question: which movements should lend stylistic influence to my future painting? i don't think that i want to paint real life scene's whose motives are to actually represent real life. i think that i would get too frustrated at the limitations of my representational faculties. but i don't think that i would want my work to be completely abstract either - I would like for my work to represent my experience, not just my unaffected, purely intellectual ideas.

i suppose that i maybe would follow, stylistically, the path of gauguin. i don't really agree with his colonial, primitivist sentiments, but i love his simplified, symbolic style and his use of vivid colors. ok, i admit it, i really like the bright colors. but i think that i would probably do a better job of expressing myself as i desire and not get caught up so much with the more frustrating details of the creative process if i were to use a gauguin as a sort of starting point. (obviously i wouldn't actually follow in the footsteps of gauguin. even i'm not vain or pretentious enough to think that)

Nave, Nave Moe
 
Comments:
So Manoah likes Gaugin... interesting indeed :) Just don't go fucking 13 year-olds and catching syphillis in Indonesia, okay pal? *snicker snicker*

I'm glad you've taken more of an interest in art.

-Jess
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
searching, thinking

Old Entries
December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / May 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / September 2006 /


My Places
Places I like to go
Currently Reading
Also on my Mind